Gone are the days when Raksha Bandhan was only about a box of mithai, a rakhi and tikka thali. Rakhsha Bandhan is a lot more in today’s date & time and the extent to which brothers and sisters go to show their love for each other is unparalleled by any other festival.
Brothers always tease us, pull our hair, fight with us on the silliest of things and even battle with us to get theirs hands on the TV remote first, but at the end of the day they’re possessive, protective and loving towards us. They care for their sisters and are always there for us.
Here are 5 Rakhi gifting ideas that you can present to your brother:
(1) A Funky-quirky Tee: Whether your brother is a simple man, a metal-head, a foodie, a music junkie, a die-hard patriot or even the most annoying big/little brother, he will love the array of funky Tees Bewakoof.com has to offer.
Get him any of these for under Rs 500 & earn EXTRA 7.5% Cashback via CashKaro too. How cool is the fact that you buy your brother something and get some money back as Cashback too? We know it’s awesome and we know you’ve already resolved to get your gift via CashKaro.
Get these Tees here: http://cashkaro.com/stores/bewakoof
(2) A cute coffee Mug: One can never have enough coffee mugs, especially with a sister in the house who will “deliberately” drink coffee in her brother’s mug.
Get him a cute coffee mug he will cherish till you end up breaking it(winks)! Chumbak is a great site to get such stuff. The Mugs don’t cost anything more that Rs 250 and look very appealing. Shop via CashKaro and pocket Rs 75 Cashback too.
Throw in this “Best Brother in the World” keychain for Rs 195 only too. We’re sure he will love it!
(3) Electronics & Gadget Skins!
Sisters, you cannot go wrong here! Boys as a gender category absolutely love gadgets and electronics. Get him a funky pendrive or a phone case or laptop skin, you name and we have it!
Check out Snapdeal if your brother loves photography! They have Rs 1000 off on DSLRs and Rs 500 off on Digital Cameras. If photography doesn’t interest him, you can check-out Infibeam too for some great gadget offers!
(4) A Rakhi hamper: What’s Rakhi without a huge gift hamper? A bunch of small things assembled with love. Check these out:
- Infibeam: Man, do they have great hampers at attractive prices!
- Shopclues: It’s best you check it here: http://cashkaro.com/stores/shop-clues than have us explain in words! That’s how good the hampers actually are!
- Indiatimes Shopping: If you find the below image attractive.
(5) Rakhis: If you want to go all traditional and celebrate Rakhi the traditional way, below are 3 great offers on Rakhis!
- If you’ve got not 1, not 2, not 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 but many cousin brothers, this deal if for you: Get 10 Rakhi’s all for the the price of Rs 1. All you need to pay is shipping charge for Rs 100. So you can actually get 10 Rakhi’s for Rs 10 each. Get it here at Infibeam and earn Cashback too.
- Flipkart has attractive looking Rakhis customized to the type of Brother (little one, bachelor, married, etc).
- Shopclues will spoil you for choice! They have a variety of designer Rakhis, silver & gold rakhis, hampers and what not! Check it out & of course Cashback bhi milega!
- Ferns and Petals of course doesn’t need any introduction! If your brother lives in another city or abroad, you know you can send him a cake/chocolates with a Rakhi via F&P. Cashback toh of course milega hi!
While chocolates, mithais, sweets and all are great options too + the online world is full of great offers for these things, its true indeed to say that they are a bit mainstream. Pick any of the above and we’re sure your Brother would want to give you a bone crushing hug full of love.
Sisters, now you have no excuse whatsoever to not get something special for your brothers! This list should give you some great ideas(with good offers) and trust us, your brother(s) would love these things and the thought put behind the gift too.
Happy Raksha Bandhan!
PS: Next post coming soon on Gifting Ideas for Sisters, and boy are sisters hard to please. Check our blog tomorrow